Friday, August 21, 2009

The Lord Rejoices

Do not despise these small beginnings, for the LORD rejoices to see the work begin...
Zechariah 4:10 NLT

On challenging days, these words of Ezra Taft Benson can give all of us a lot of comfort.

"We must not lose hope. Hope is an anchor to the souls of men. Satan would have us cast away that anchor. In this way he can bring discouragement and surrender. The Lord is pleased with every effort, even the tiny daily ones in which we strive to be more like Him. Though we may see that we have far to go on the road to perfection, we must not give up hope."

"A Mighty Change of Heart," address prepared [but not delivered] 1986. Teachings of Ezra Taft Benson, p.398

4 comments:

  1. This is just what I needed this morning. I think I should make those vinyl letters of it and wear it across the brim of my eye glasses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lord truly blesses our tiny efforts--this I know. How especially He rejoices to bless our efforts to come unto Him and get to know and love Him better.
    What a wonderful quote to have! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I was once pondering how the creation story could possibly apply to my life. Then the Lord made clear to me that each day, they made more progress. Light, land, sea, stars, insecxts, beasts fowls, etc. It did not happen all at once. I had been frusterated with the slow progress in a certain area of my life. But the Lord did not expect the Earth to be created in one day. He is pleased with every step towards the final goal. With each step of progress, he sees that "it is good."

    ReplyDelete