Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Peaceful Heart in the Midst of Strife


Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he [it is] that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
Deut. 31:6


Wescott's Bible Commentary Notes, written in the 19th century, have been a source of comfort to many of the Lord's humble followers. Here is a dear insight regarding the verse above:

‘In your temptations ( when you are tempted to fear you are forgotten or forsaken) run to the promises; they be our Lord’s branches hanging over the water that our Lord’s weak half–drowned children may take a grip of them.’

‘I will in no wise fail thee, nor will I in any wise forsake thee.

The idea of fail is that of losing hold, so as to withdraw the support rendered by the sustaining grasp: that of forsake, of deserting or leaving alone in the field of contest, or in a position of suffering.’

2 comments:

  1. Okay...I always keep a favorite "Donna post" in my heart. I loved hearing about the shrimp, and he goats...
    but I think the imagery of this post will keep my company for many days yet to come.
    Thank you dear friend!
    Did I mention it's good to "see" you again? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious Meg,
    Your comment brings me so much happiness--thank you, sweet friend.
    Also, I must admit that I was hoping you would like the title of yesterday's post. Score!
    It is very good to "see" you again--and please feel free to comment any time.

    ReplyDelete